1. High School Diploma, and some courses in building operator, skilled trade
2. At least three years’ experience in maintenance of institutional buildings
3. Knowledge of and experience working in skilled trades and/or community based/residential housing setting an asset
4. Good knowledge of overall preventive maintenance, minor structural, electrical and mechanical work. Good skills in repairs, handyman duties and practical problem solving.
5. Good verbal and written communications skills to ensure effective service and mutual understanding
6. Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to work as part of a team
7. Basic computer skills required for communication and data entry
8. Physically able to perform the essential duties of the job
9. Valid driver’s license with clean abstract or motor vehicle report an asset
• Full time, with occasional after hours or weekend work
• On call for after hour emergency
• Use of own vehicle for pick up of building related materials
• Moderate physical demands including walking, bending, kneeling, carrying, pushing, pulling, stair climbing and lifting objects up to 50 lbs.
• Exposed to various weather conditions when performing outdoor maintenance duties, inspections and transiting between buildings
Closing Date: April 26, 2019; 5:00 p.m.
The Centre offers a dynamic work environment and career advancement opportunities. The successful candidate must have a negative criminal reference check and vulnerable sector screening as a condition of employment.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Massey Centre’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please make your needs known in advance.
The Centre encourages applications from persons who represent the diverse populations we serve.
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter and resume by the closing date to:
The Massey Centre for Women
1102 Broadview Avenue
Toronto, ON M4K 2S5
Email: email@example.com (please quote “Maintenance Worker” in the subject line)
"Massey Centre not only gave me the ability to care for my child, but the motivation to get what I wanted for my life - to have my daughter with me and to live independently."