Welcome to the New Massey Centre!
Massey Centre and Humewood House are thrilled to announce that we are now working together as one organization. For the time being, the new organization will operate under the name Massey Centre, with the Humewood House site specially recognized as the Humewood Campus. We believe that by working together, we will have deeper capacity to improve the experience and outcomes for the clients and families we serve.
Here is what this news means to you and the community:
- Through amalgamation, Massey Centre will become the largest Young Parent and Infant Agency in Ontario. This brings us closer to reaching our objective of becoming a Centre of Excellence for Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health.
- We have brought together a variety of evidence-based programs for young moms and children, giving more options to young moms and allowing for seamless transitions between programs and housing options.
- We will be able to serve families longer, and support more families in the community to ensure they don’t fall through the cracks.
- Your donations will have an even greater impact, reaching more young moms and children than ever before.
- All of our programs remain open at both our main Broadview Campus and the Humewood Campus. All families receiving service from us can expect to receive the same excellent level of support that they’re used to.
Thank you to all of our clients, partners, donors, stakeholders, volunteers, and staff for your assistance and enthusiasm in this process.
New lives start here.
Massey Centre is a client-centered infant and early childhood mental health organization which supports pregnant and parenting adolescents, aged 13-25 and their babies who reside at the Centre or in the community.
We help young moms:
- Graduate high school, and pursue postsecondary education or job training
- Find safe housing, either at our centre or in the community
- Access a monthly housing subsidy (while funding is available) for apartments
- Learn to parent and bond with their children
- Heal from trauma and address mental health concerns
- Improve their life skills such as cooking and budgeting
- Build healthy relationship skills
- Access affordable, high quality childcare options
Each young mom who comes here is vulnerable and needs help.She has decided to keep her baby—but she doesn’t have the emotional, social or economic support to care for her baby. With your help, the Centre makes sure each young mom has access to prenatal and postnatal care, learns how to care for her baby, continues her education, and develops the skills needed to build a successful life and relationship with her baby.
When a mom leaves Massey Centre she goes with new found confidence and belief in her potential and that of her child. Massey Centre is inspired by the vision of being Toronto’s leading provider of infant and early childhood mental health services. With your support, the vision is not only possible but will be the experience of every adolescent mother and her child.
Indeed, new lives start here.
Pour les services en français, veuillez communiquer avec le Centre francophone de Toronto à http://www.centrefranco.org/
"Massey Centre not only gave me the ability to care for my child, but the motivation to get what I wanted for my life - to have my daughter with me and to live independently."