Community Housing Options
Sheppard Transitional Housing
Located at 1900 Sheppard Avenue, West, in North York. This program provides up to four years of housing to 27 young families and a range of support services.
These buildings provide 8 rent-gear-to-income apartments for young moms and their children with ongoing support from our staff.
Baby and Me: Our Home
This program aims to help young moms find and keep permanenet housing at an apartment of their choice in the city. The program includes:
- Housing workshops
- Support to search and visit housing listings
- Monthly rental subsidies (while funding is available)
Clients must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Pregnant or parenting young mother aged 16-24
- Homeless or under-housed
- Demonstrate a financial need
- Willingness to participate in Massey Centre’s programs and services with a special focus on Housing Help and Eviction Prevention
"Massey Centre not only gave me the ability to care for my child, but the motivation to get what I wanted for my life - to have my daughter with me and to live independently."